Meet The Contributors

Mandy ~ I am a stay at home mom who has been on a medical roller coaster ride going from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what is wrong with me. All of the doctors agreed that there is something medically wrong with me, they just don't know what... Basically, just about every time that I go to the doctor, I wind up with a new diagnosis. It is very frustrating. I hope that some of these links will maybe help you or lead you in the right direction.

Ferd ~ I have had the honor and pleasure of practicing Internal Medicine for over 25 years. I am now enjoying sharing my thoughts and experience in the blogosphere in a number of ways. I am grateful to Mandy for including me on her excellent blog, Texas Medical Freak!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cryoablation ~ One Week Out

So far, no regrets on getting the croablation done. Still having a few cramps but, nothing like last week. Hopefully this will help my cycles, and with the anemia too? If not, I just go the hysterectomy route.

If you have ever been to Texas, you know how crazy the weather can be. We have had a few cold fronts come through lately and it is reeking havoc on my allergies and my skin. My nose is getting raw from all of the drainage and chapped from all of the blowing. I found some “Zicam - Allergy Relief - Gel Swabs” and they are helping a bit. With my thyroid problems, I can’t take most of the OTC allergy medications they will mess with your thyroid levels. And so far, I have not found a Rx that works all that great either. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, my mother-in-law asked me if I had heard about putting Vicks Vapor Rub on your feet. At the time, I had not heard about it. Basically, people have been using it to stop their coughs. I figured maybe it will work on clearing my nose too? The only thing that I noticed was that my feet were freezing. Then there is my skin, it had been doing really great since the doctor put my on my second prescription vitamin D. Now it is dry, flaky and chapped. I keep buying lotions trying to find one that dose not burn when I use it. No luck in that department so far…

2 comments:

lunaticg said...

Hi!
I don't know about Cryoablation before. Thanks for sharing.

Nice blog.

Mandy said...

Lunaticg ~

I didn't know about Cryoablation until about a year a go (somewhere about then). Your welcome =) that is the purpose for this blog.

I am glad that you like my blog, thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again.

Mandy

Labels