Meet The Contributors

Mandy ~ I am a stay at home mom who has been on a medical roller coaster ride going from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what is wrong with me. All of the doctors agreed that there is something medically wrong with me, they just don't know what... Basically, just about every time that I go to the doctor, I wind up with a new diagnosis. It is very frustrating. I hope that some of these links will maybe help you or lead you in the right direction.

Ferd ~ I have had the honor and pleasure of practicing Internal Medicine for over 25 years. I am now enjoying sharing my thoughts and experience in the blogosphere in a number of ways. I am grateful to Mandy for including me on her excellent blog, Texas Medical Freak!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Phone Bill Cramming

Recently, I looked at my phone bill...I found two charges for "voice mail" services from two separate companies (third party charges). I called my phone company and they are reversing the charges but, told me that I still had to contact the companies to cancel the services (the ones that I never ordered or approved in the first place!). Well, I have yet to be able to get anything other than a busy signal...
So, I called the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and made a complaint. They told me that they can not really do much about these complaints unless they have multiple complaints about the same companies. One of the companies I finally found only through looking them up with the phone number listed on my phone bill. The first one shows up as Voicevox Voicemail Service, here is their real name and link to the Better Business Bureau page for them ESBI. The other company is Nations 1st Comm., LLC., here is their real name and link to the Better Business Bureau page for them American Premium Warehouse.
I still have more people to call and I will post updates and any new links.
UPDATE!
I just found this phone cramming website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I called the 800 number by the amount billed on the phone bill and it was busy. I then called a different number thinking it was AT&T but it happened to be the Voicevox people. If you call 888-301-3724 you can cancel your account and they said they will refund the money they charged me to my phone bill. We'll see if that really happens, but at least I got a person instead of an annoying busy signal!

Labels